Here is Muse & Views Bookclub participation this month put together by Michèle and Shirley. Again all books are from our "read" list that you can find on our blog. I don't know how long we can continue using our list but here goes!
Starter Book - Picnic at Hanging Rock – Joan Lindsay
It is considered a classic from Australia. Young Ladies from Appleyard College go on a picnic at Hanging Rock. Three girls gone for a walk, never come back. Some believe this is based on a true story. This is not a book read by our Book Club.
1. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil – John Berendt. (read in 2000) Story with a suspicious death, based on a true story so they say.
2. The City of Fallen Angels – John Berendt. The link here is the author. Though the story is also based on fact, apparently. Story is set in the European city of Venice.
3. The Mark of an Angel – Nancy Huston. The link here is it is set in a European city, Paris, but there are also twists of history as the characters are affected by the violence unleashed by the Algerian conflict and Saffie is affected by her youth in Germany during WW II .
4. Those WhoSave Us – Jenna Blum. The link here is the impact on Trudy’s life as an adult of her mother’s life in Nazi Germany during WW II. We cannot get away from our past.
5. All theLight We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr. The link here is WW II. Again the impact on young lives.
6. La’ s Orchestra Saves the World – Alexander McCall Smith. Again the link is WW II, a different way of coping.
There it is, our meme for this month. If you would like to see how others linked Picnic at Hanging Rock, click on the link Six Degrees of Separation.