This is this month's Six Degrees of Separation contribution from the Muse & Views Book Club in Ottawa, Canada. This month's has been prepared by Shirley. It should be noted that Jane Austen is the favourite author of several of our members.
1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, the ultimate romance novel.
2. It must of course be followed up with Mr. Darcy Presents his Bride by Helen Halstead because Mr. Darcy played such a large part in Pride & Prejudice and is loved by so many that we needed to keep him around
3. The followup link is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger as the 'bride' becomes 'wife', the husband is all important.
4. And then as we think of 'time' we link The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon. (December 2005
5. Then we take another turn and look to 'dog' as we read Charles the Bold: The Dog Years by Yves Beauchemin. (January 2007
6. The next link is the 'years' to One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
7. And finally we finish up with Two Solitudes by Hugh MacLennan. (April 2005), a political classic.
There it is, Shirley has managed again to use all books that we have read in the 19 years of the Muse & Views Book Club. How long we will be able to do this I don't know but it is interesting!
If you would like to see how others have linked Pride and Prejudice click on the link Six Degrees of Separation.